Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I made it!

I arrived in Madrid at 4:15 pm today (10am Eastern US time). I was supposed to be here at 7am, but my flight in Columbia was delayed due to a storm in Washington, D.C. So instead of making my 5:40pm flight out of Washington-Dulles, I had to stick around until 10pm and then make another connection in Frankfurt, Germany at 1:50pm. The flight to Germany wasn´t so bad, because I sat next to a couple in their sixties from Maryland who planned on traveling through Russia, Poland, and some other small european countries over the course of month. The husband spoke russian, polish, and english, so they wouldn´t have any problems communicating. The wife had a good sense of humor and woke me up every time the flight attendants came around with food. I tried so hard to keep up her, but I could barely keep my eyes open. I wouldn´t have been so tired if I had a full night´s rest before my first flight, but noooo.

Because I´m trying to stretch my money until I get paid, I caugt the metro instead of the cab and dragged my gigantic suitcases up and down stairs for three connections. I then had to walk a block to make it to my very secured hostal room, which I am sharing with a girl who is teaching in the same city as me. I haven´t done much, because I am soooo tired. I did, however, have enouth strength to put some minutes on my phone and, uh, play a couple of rounds of bingo for two euros each. Don´t judge me! The food there is cheaper if you play bingo. I had a bocadillo de jàmon y tomate (sub sandwich with HARD bread) and an orange fanta for only 2.50 euros! I´ll probably have those daily once I reach my final destination: La Rioja. I forgot to give some background information, because I´ve been really busy in the past two weeks. I´ll post again later tonight or tomorrow.


Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment