Saturday, March 10, 2012

Calahorra (Feb. 4th)

Sunrise on my way to Calahorra
Flyer for the Dance event in Calahorra
So my next weekend trip was to Calahorra, La Rioja. Calahorra is about one hour west of LogroƱo. I went in order to learn about more cities in La Rioja, but I also wanted to go to take part in a dance course. The dance school in Calahorra had an event called "Descubre el baile" and they had beginner courses in Jive, Salsa, Zumba, and Kizomba. The courses were taught by some of the best instructors in the region. I was there all day and stayed overnight in a hostel, because I wanted to go the the late night dance party. I wasn't able to go, because I was too exhausted from the dance classes. I danced for seven hours and was wiped out by the time the dance party started. Although I missed the party, I had lots of fun at the event, and I am very glad that I learned about it. I hadn't danced that much since I left Georgia. Bliss!

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment