Sunday, May 27, 2012

My travels over Easter


Logroño to Madrid to Toledo to Córdoba to Sevilla



So here I am to finally tell you about my two-week vacation: Semana santa (holy week) and the week after. I'm not sure why we had the second week off. Some people have told me that it's because of semana blanca. I'll have to check into it some more.

I spent the first week of April in Madrid with a friend from high school. I assured her that Madrid would be warm and dry since it was hot when I was there on Christmas.
 It was the opposite. That old saying of "Aguas mil, abril" held true. It was cold, rainy, and windy. It also hailed. The weather was quite unusual. We tried our best to enjoy semana santa. I tried to show her around as much as possible. We did walking tours and also explored on our own. We also saw a flamenco show and part of one of the Holy week processions. I don't have much pictures, because I've been to Madrid quite a few times. Although, I've walked through city several times, I'm always in awe of the surroundings.

View from the park

Map of Central Madrid

Congress 

Flamenco show


No comments:

Post a Comment