Friday, November 4, 2011

Travel

For some reason, I have awaken at 430am. Strangely, I'm not tired at all and can only think about traveling. Well, that's not strange for someone like me.

I started on this road three years ago as I set off to Costa Rica to study the rain forests. It was my first time leaving the states. I was terrified to leave Georgia, but I was also very excited to experience something outside of my comfort zone and my normal schedule of work and school. At that time, I never thought I would be able to ask my boss to grant me eight days from work. Wow. Eight whole days! I thought I would lose my job and my apartment. Never mind the apartment! Where was I going to leave my car? I didn't realize that all I needed to do was park my beloved, now destroyed, 5 speed 1996 saturn sL 2 at school.

When I returned home, it was still there. Nothing about Augusta had changed. It was the same old place that I felt trapped in with nothing to do but work, struggle in school, and watch my counterparts live off their parents and excel. My trip from Costa Rica was my first chance to break that cycle so much that I set my mind on another trip. I am very blessed that God put everything in place to allow me to travel and see all the beautiful things and people that He has created. This compels me even more to have a career that will give me opportunities to travel all these places, national and international, and help all the people that I have met.

Until I reach that goal, I want to simply enjoy traveling. I'm on that path now in Spain and can't wait to visit and revisit as many places as possible.

Pura Vida!

P.S. Here's where I want to go while I'm here
Germany
Greece
Italy
Ireland
UK
Spain: Oviedo, Barcelona (again), Sevilla (Easter week), Córdoba, Valencia (Las fallas), A Coruña, Alcala de Henares, Mérida, and some other important places.

No comments:

Post a Comment