Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's activities at the primary school


So I just finished class today with the kids of the 5th of primary. I had them read their sentences about the famous African Americans that I assigned to them last week. For some reason five people did Michael Jackson although I'm pretty sure that I only assigned Michael Jackson to two people. Yep.

So the readings were fatal. Half of the class didn't do the assignment. Of the students who actually did the assignment, only four actually followed my directions and wrote only two sentences. The other students copied directly from the website and wrote a paragraph. I explained the problem with copying and the main teacher explained in spanish. ua!

The next activity was very successful. We talked about Valentine's Day, and I told them to write a poem and draw a picture. I gave them an example of the most famous love poem:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet,
And so are you

Some of the students simply copied the poem from the board and drew a heart. ua! The majority of the students, however, were very creative:
You are beautiful
You are my smile
You are my sunlight
I love you

You are beautiful
You are always there when I get there
I love you
You are my heart

The sun is yellow
The sky is blue
Chocolate is sweet
And so are you
I am always dreaming of you
I love you

You are beautiful
I love you
You are red with me (She meant to say we are in love -estamos enamorados)

Your eyes are brown,
My eyes are brown too
We are red together (haha)
There were many other nice ones. Some of them didn't make sense to me...or to the other students.

Not creative but made the class laugh:
One rose is red
the other is blue
You too look like roses
your eyes is like the roses

I'm excited to see how this activity will fare with the 11 year old kids.

Update: From the 4th of Primary (9 year old kids)
roses are red
violets are blue
your hair is beautiful
and I have a poem for you

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment