Sunday, February 5, 2012

So the day after Christmas...

I left Madrid and went to Frankfurt, Germany. Well, at least I thought I was in Frankfurt. I was in Frankfurt-Hahn, which is 2 hours from Frankfurt Main! What a trick! Well, I guess that's the only way that Ryainair (a cheap European airline) could make the flight cheaper.

I had to catch a bus to Frankfurt, and find my hostel. It was cleaner than the hostel I used in Madrid, but the customer service was horrible. Oh, well. It was cheap.

I only stayed in Frankfurt one night, because my real destinations was Berlin. That Monday night in Frankfurt (Dec. 26), I mostly walked around looking for food. To my surprise, the train station was right across the street and included everything. Someone could live in the train station. I had my very first Bratwurst. A long piece of meet on a little piece of bread. Wow! Such bliss. It also was very cheap. Afterwards, I went back to the hostel and went to bed early as I had to rise at 7am to catch the 8am bus to my destination.

The next morning, I discovered that the hostel included a wonderful breakfast! Something redeemed the hotel. The morning receptionist was also better and more attentive.

I ate my breakfast, checked out, and made my way across the street for the bus to Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment