Saturday, October 29, 2011

5 day weekend!

Yes, 5 day weekend. I don't work any Fridays and everyone has Monday and Tuesday off for the Halloween festivities. I can't do very much, because I'm still waiting patiently to be paid. I. am. waiting. patiently. I am.

Because I still have no extra money, I'm going to explore Logroño this weekend. I've already roamed one side of the city today and discovered some cool stuff. There is a free book exchange. It's called book crossing. (http://www.bookcrossing-spain.com/) I can pick up free books from a cafe, read them, and then drop them off at another participating cafe. Also, the books have numbers in them, so I can look them up to see where they have been.

I am also going to see some a play today at CNT theater. Last night, I went to a mock auction at the same theater. Tomorrow, I plan on going to a pepper festival in Nájera, a small town 30 minutes away from here.

For Halloween, I think I'm going to go to karaoke. Everyone who tries to sing Michael Jackson's "Thriller" is rewarded with a free drink. I'll do it. On Tuesday, I move with the new family.

I'll update you later on how everything goes.

Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment